Over the last two decades, many organizations and individuals have relied on electronic collaboration between distributed teams of humans, computer applications, and/or autonomous robots to achieve higher productivity and produce joint products that would have been impossible to develop without the contributions of multiple collaborators. Technology has evolved from standalone tools, to open systems supporting collaboration in multi-organizational settings, and from general purpose tools to specialized collaboration grids. Future collaboration solutions that fully realize the promises of electronic collaboration require advancements in networking, technology and systems, user interfaces and interaction paradigms, and interoperation with application-specific components and tools.
The Eighth International Conference on Collaborative Computing (CollaborateCom 2012) will continue to serve as a premier international forum for discussion among academic and industrial researchers, practitioners, and students interested in collaborative networking, technology and systems, and applications.
News and Updates
- 10/10/2012: The [Final Program] (http://collaboratecom.org/2012/show/program-final) is there. Take a look!
- 9/20/2012: Preliminary Program has been posted.
- 8/22/2012: Student attendees can apply for travel grants by Sep. 10 (see Travel Grants)
- 8/22/2012: Prof. Elisa Bertino from Purdue University and Dr. Dimitrios Georgakopoulos from CSIRO will give keynotes at CollaborateCom'12 (see keynotes)
- 8/16/2012: Dr. Flavio Bonomi from Cisco Systems will give a keynote on Oct 16 (see keynotes)
- 6/21/2012: There will be a workshop on Collaborative Big Data (C-Big 2012)
- 6/20/2012: Three special issues will be published for selected papers in our workshops: International Journal of Social Computing and Cyber-Physical Systems (for CCSocialCom), Elsevier Computer and Security journal (for TrustCol), and International Journal of Cloud Computing (For CollabCloud).
- 6/18/2012: DEADLINE EXTENDED to August 3rd (Abstracts) and August 10th (full papers)
- 4/6/2012: Support for Student Travel grant has been confirmed from the University of Pittsburgh and CSIRO, Australia.
- 4/4/2012: The paper submission site is now open (see EasyChair)
- 2/1/2012: Springer MONET special issue has been confirmed for CollaboratecCom 2012.
- 1/30/2012: IJCIS special issue has been confirmed for CollaboratecCom 2012.