4th Workshop on Resilient and Smart Collaborative Computing Platforms for Disaster Management (RESCUE-2019)
colocated to COLLABORATECOM 2019
August 19-22, 2019
London, Great Britain
Natural and human disasters lead to serious financial losses and human deaths. To respond to disasters, various collaborative communication technologies such as existing 4G and emerging 5G mobile communications and intelligent ad hoc networks, context-aware communication applications are used for rescuers to manage disasters.
The latest developments in smart information, communication and networking technologies, such as 5G communication, Internet of Things (IoT) networking, cloud computing, Context-aware mobility, wearable devices, and video streaming technology, and versatile applications on smartphones, make the establishment of instant communication infrastructure possible and maintains a smooth communication system for disaster management.
The aim of this special session is to provide a forum for the researchers, operators, and government administrators to share the latest technical development, good practice and experience learned from dealing with disasters.
Original research articles are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- 5G technology for disaster management
- Mobile Edge Computing / Fog Computing for disaster management
- Software Defined networking for disaster management
- Location and tracking based services for disaster management
- Ad hoc and multi-hop wireless networks for disaster monitoring and communications
- Internet of Things (IoT) for disaster monitoring and management
- Cloud computing for disaster management
- Applications of smartphones and apps for disaster management
- Satellite communications for disaster management
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for disaster management
- Robotics for disaster management
- Human-Computer Interaction for disaster management
- Context-Aware Mobile IoT systems for disaster management
- Social Media Analytics for Mobile Contextualization for disaster management
- Context-aware mobility in Fog Computing for disaster management
Workshop papers will published together with COLLABORATECOM proceedings.
All registered papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
CollaborateCom proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.497)
- International Journal of Intelligent Internet of Things Computing
- IEEE ACCESS
- International Journal of Engineering Business Management
- Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Submit your paper here.
Muddesar Iqbal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Leila Musavian (email@example.com)
School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering (CSEE)
University of Essex
- RESCUE 2018 on Resilient Computing Platforms and Technologies for Disaster Management on 21-23 June 2018 (RESCUE-2017) Exeter, Devon UK
- RESCUE 2017 on Resilient Computing Platforms and Technologies for Disaster Management 21-23 June 2017 (RESCUE-2017) Exeter, Devon UK
- RESCUE 2015 on “Smart ICT Infrastructures for Disaster Management and Resilience”, 15-17 December 2015 (RESCUE-2015) Kathmandu, Nepal